Tuesday, August 26, 2008

EMPTY NEST

http://www.888dag.com/ Wonderful news yesterday, my daughter, who has been looking for an apartment for yonks finally found something and so is moving out next week. They and 30 other people go every Saturday looking and finally they found something great and they got it!!!!
Very excited but also a bit sad as this is the last child to leave home and we are really going to miss her even though she was hardly home it is knowing that she was coming home every night - so now it is my hubby and the dog (he is like our child) but a big house for the three of us?????
Now I think we will know what empty nest syndrome means.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many congratulations on the soon to be new status quo!

Ummmm .... apparently these children of ours do have a habit of moving back home again once they fly the coop however so if the privacy of the empty nest has its appeal I would perhaps suggest what my parents did when I left home: they immediately converted my bedroom into a new study!!

Given I was 18 at the time I thought that was a bit harsh :-)

Glinda said...

Ouch! At least when you see her, it'll be quality time.

pommygran8 said...

great news! and there will be so many more coffee times to come with girly chats in new surroundings...

Lise said...

I watched Packed with Rafters last night and this reminds me of your situation. I have AT LEAST 10 more years before the youngest can leave home!!

Madame Synesthesia said...

As someone who has only recently 'flown the coop' myself, I can tell you that I -
1. See my mother much more than I ever did living at home.
2. Appreciate her more than I ever have :o)
It seems our relationship has taken on a new dimension (sans silly fights about my messy room!) and it's a lovely thing.